We’ve teamed up with Canada Beef and ExtraSparklesPlease to bring you this Pear and Grilled Steak Salad. This fresh summer salad is made with Canadian Beef and FURLANI® garlic bread croutons. Try it out yourself!
- 284 g FURLANI® Garlic Bread
- 1 (3/4 lb/375 g) Canadian Beef Flank Steak
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Half a shallot, chopped
- 2 packages (4 oz/125 g EACH) watercress
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 peeled ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cut your FURLANI® garlic bread into 1/2-inch cubes for croutons. Bake in preheated 325°F oven in a single layer on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, stirring twice or more, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy all the way through. Cool for 2 to 4 hours after removing from oven.
- Pat the Flank Steak dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with ½ tsp of the salt and all the pepper. Barbecue over medium-high heat, turning a least twice with tongs, to your desired level of doneness. Your thermometer inserted sideways into the steak should read 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71°C) for medium, and 170°F (77°C) for well-done.
- Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Carve across the grain into thin slices.
- To create the vinaigrette, place 2 tablespoons of oil, the remaining salt, vinegar, and shallot in a mini food processor; pulse until mixture is almost smooth.
- In a large shallow salad or pasta bowl or deep platter, top the watercress with the slices of steak, onion, croutons, and pear; sprinkle with the cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette!