This root beer BBQ pulled pork sandwich is a dream to make with a slow cooker
Everyone loves a good pulled pork sandwich! We’re fans of this recipe because it’s delicious and quite easy to make. All you need is time. And once you master the recipe – you’ll have it for life! It’s perfect to prepare ahead of an afternoon get-together or a simple dinner. In this recipe, the pork is cooked in a slow cooker or crockpot. Root beer and BBQ sauce add the zing!
- Furlani Biscuits or Furlani Texas toast
- 1 pork butt (3 – 4 pounds, pork tenderloin or pork shoulder can be used), trimmed of excess fat
- 2 cups of root beer
- 1 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots and cabbage
- Place pork butt in slow cooker or crock pot
- Add root beer – pour over meat
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork
- Remove pork from slow cooker or crock pot. Discard juices.
- Shred the pork with a fork and return it to the slow cooker or crock pot. Stir in the BBQ sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the biscuits or toast as per instructions on the package. If using a biscuit cut it in half.
- Spoon the pork on to one slice of garlic toast or biscuit half
- Add shredded carrot and cabbage
- Top with slice of garlic toast or biscuit half
Serve with coleslaw and enjoy!