The temperature outside may be chilly but our kitchen inside is heating up with the fresh-baked aroma of our NEW Furlani® hand-tied bread knots. Enjoy our warm, flavourful Italian Herb & Tomato knots right out of their bake-in-bag packaging, and pair them with this comforting Minestrone Soup recipe. They will fill your home with a magnificent aroma drawing everyone to the table in minutes! So quick and easy to prepare in just 10 minutes. Best part – no mess or fuss.
Ingredients for 6 soup servings:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups of seasonal vegetables (green beans, peas, zucchini, squash, cabbage, spinach)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 6 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 796 ml can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 540 ml can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package of Furlani Italian Herb & Tomato knots, baked
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot on medium heat. Sauté the mirepoix of diced onion, celery, and carrots and cook for around 5-7 minutes until they soften. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Mix in the potato chunks, seasonal vegetables, bay leaf, basil, and thyme and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine the broth and diced tomatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the pasta and cannellini beans and continue to let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and parmesan cheese as garnishes.
- Dip our Italian Herb & Tomato knots into your warm bowl of minestrone soup and enjoy!