Get your skewer on this summer with this 3-ingredient app!
Summer time skewers are perfect for outdoor entertaining. They are quick to assemble before hand, not too much prep work involved, and are an easy finger food for your guest to pick up, carry around and munch on. There’s something extremely fun about food on a stick.
This 3-ingredient appetizer is so simple to make and it’s guaranteed to impress! You’ll need three things: garlic Texas toast, baby tomatoes and mozzarella. And it will delight all the vegetarians. All Furlani products are vegetarian.
For this appetizer all you need to do is grill up the toast on the BBQ, cut it up into cubes once done, then slide the ingredients on to skewers and serve.
- Furlani Garlic Texas Toast
- little tomatoes – whether cherry, plum or grape, they all look alike but each has its unique flavour and shape
- mozzarella cheese balls
- basil leaves, to garnish
- If using frozen Furlani Garlic Texas Toast remove from freezer and allow a few slices to thaw out
- Place slices of toast on the grill over medium heat
- Grill for 2 – 4 minutes checking often, until the bread turns golden brown
Flip the bread, and cook the other side another 2 – 4 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from heat, let cool and gently cut the toast into small cubes
- Slide the cubes of garlic toast, baby tomatoes, and mozzarella on to the skewers
- Arrange on plate
- Serve and enjoy!