With the warm weather approaching, it’s the perfect time to get grilling! We have created a juicy burger recipe featuring our garlic Texas toast instead of regular burger buns. What a way to take your meal up a notch any day of the week, and please even the pickiest eaters. This recipe is perfect for a family of 4 and is suitable for vegetarian diets. Mmmm….yumminess guaranteed!
- 8 slices of Furlani garlic Texas toast
- 4 meat or vegetarian patties
- 4 slices of cheese (can substitute for vegan cheese)
- 1 head of lettuce
- ½ onion
- 1 medium tomato
- Condiments of your choosing (ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, hot sauce)
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Oil the grilling grates.
- Grill the patties with your BBQ lid on and flip midway through according to package instructions. Add a slice of cheese on top of each patty and cook through until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove from grill.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and place the garlic Texas toast slices on the grill for approximately 2 minutes if thawed; 5 minutes if frozen.
- Flip the bread slices and grill for an additional 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Create your burger just as you like it. We suggest topping it with a few slices of tomato, onion, and lettuce. For our secret sauce, mix together 2 tablespoons of ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish and a dash of hot sauce, and spread on your garlic Texas toast. Bon appétit!
Check out our grilling tips here to help you master the grill.