Like you, we haven’t resumed our travel plans just yet, so we’ve decided to bring you exciting cuisines from around the world with these yummy dips. Our FURLANI® breadsticks and bread knots are the perfect accompaniment to a spicy Feta cheese dip from Greece, or spinach artichoke dip from Germany, or pesto from Italy, or Baba Ghanoush from the Middle East.
- 8 oz Feta cheese, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the Feta cheese, roasted red pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, and either cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until the mixture is fairly smooth and until you can’t see large chunks of Feta. Don’t over blend, as you will still want some texture.
- Scoop the dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Bake up our FURLANI® breadsticks or bread knots, top with this dip and delight your taste buds!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 14 oz artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan, and half the Mozzarella cheese. Stir in artichokes and spinach.
- Spread mixture evenly in an 8″x 8″ baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup Mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Toast up your favourite FURLANI® breadsticks or bread knots and scoop up some spinach artichoke dip.
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (~2 bunches)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast pine nuts on a non-stick pan on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In the food processor, add the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic, then pulse until finely ground. Slowly pour in a steady stream of olive oil while the food processor is still running until smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake our garlic knots according to package instructions and spread the pesto on top!
Tip: Store the pesto in an airtight container to keep fresh and slow oxidation.
- 2 small Italian eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the eggplants lengthwise and brush it with olive oil.
- Wrap in tin foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the eggplant is tender throughout. Let is cool down for a few minutes before scooping out the flesh.
- Place the flesh in a strainer to get rid of any excess liquid.
- Once drained, place the eggplant flesh, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer this dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle the chopped parsley and smoked paprika on top. Now it’s ready to be served with our baked garlic breadsticks.
These dips are quick and easy appetizers to get your meal going, and make the perfect snack when you’re a little hungry!