Are you looking for an easy meal you can whip up for the whole family in under 25 minutes? Try this creamy roasted red pepper pasta with our mouthwatering Furlani garlic breadsticks. Our breadsticks are perfect for dipping into the sauce!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 16 oz (473 mL) jar roasted red peppers, packed in water, liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 12 oz (454 g) pasta of your choice, cooked according to package instructions
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Furlani Garlic Breadsticks
- Add roasted red peppers to a blender with 2 tbsp liquid from the jar. Purée until smooth.
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add butter and chopped garlic. Sautée until garlic is soft and translucent. Pour red pepper purée over garlic.
- Add basil, pepper, salt and continue to cook, over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add heavy cream and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Taste sauce and correct seasoning to taste.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss gently. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with a side of Furlani Garlic Breadsticks, baked according to package instructions.