Need dinner in a pinch? Try out this simply mouthwatering creamy mushroom fettuccine recipe, that’s ready in under 35 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- ¾ lb (340 g) cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- ½ cup (125 mL) chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (177 mL) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (79 mL) grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped Italian parsley
- 6 oz (170 g) Fettuccini or Linguini, cooked according to package instructions
- Furlani Garlic Toast or Knots
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add unsalted butter and olive oil.
- Toss in the sliced mushrooms and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Place pasta in boiling water and cook according to package instructions, saving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add white wine to the mushrooms and garlic. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix stock with flour to make a roux. Add roux to mushrooms and wine.
- Add heavy cream, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. If sauce is becoming too thick, add pasta water a little at a time. Taste and correct seasoning levels as needed.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss with chopped parsley. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and lots of flavourful Furlani Garlic toast or knots, baked according to the heating instructions.
Get ready to get scooping with our garlic Texas toast and garlic knots. All that leftover sauce will taste even better!