With it getting chilly outside, warm up with a delicious bowl of chilli!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 lb (907 g) lean ground beef
- 796 mL can Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2x 540 mL cans kidney beans, black beans or pinto beans (or a mixture of all, approximately 2 cups total)
- Furlani Garlic Breadsticks
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onions, garlic and green pepper. Season with salt and pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add, chili powder, oregano, cumin, chipotle and cinnamon. Cook, stirring until the mixture begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, Dijon mustard, beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Furlani Garlic Bread Sticks, baked according to package instructions.
Enhance your chili with these toppings:
- Sour cream
- Grated sharp cheddar
- Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Fresh cilantro