Go big or go home: Chicken Parmesan on Garlic Bread is a sandwich the whole family can enjoy
The internet is full of chicken Parmesan recipes. But this is the one – because we make the iconic sandwich using our garlic loaf. And OMG is it good! Try it for yourself and let us know what you think.
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
½ Tsp Black Pepper
1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Furlani Garlic Bread – If using our frozen loaf we recommend letting it thaw 1 hour prior to use
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
¾ Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Chopped up Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in shallow dish.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet until chicken is ¼” thick.
- Dip chicken in the flour mixture and turn to coat both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, 2 minutes per side.
- Heat garlic loaf for 8 minutes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place chicken on the bottom half of the garlic loaf, cover with Marinara sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Garnish with parsley.
- Turn oven to broiler setting and bake until mozzarella cheese is melted and lightly golden for approximately 3 minutes.
To serve, top sandwich with the other half of the garlic bread and cut into portions. Enjoy!
Interested in more recipe ideas? Click here.