Nothing is more comforting than classic chicken noodle soup with our hard-to-resist garlic Texas toast. Here’s our recipe for a hearty meal that will have everyone asking for some more please!
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken legs, thighs attached
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 cups (1.89 L) chicken stock
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 5 oz (142 g) egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Furlani Garlic Toast
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Place chicken legs in a shallow pan seasoned with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil, onions, carrots and celery, stirring every few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken legs, bay leaves and thyme, covering with chicken stock and water. Bring to a low simmer for 10 minutes. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and bring the soup back to a low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken legs and transfer to a cutting board. Remove skin, bones and discard, then chop or shred meat. Return meat to the soup and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add precooked noodles. Taste soup and adjust seasoning to taste. Add parsley and serve with warm, Furlani Garlic Toast prepared according to quick and easy heating instructions.
Fill your bowl and indulge your taste buds!