Bruschetta is a great appetizer or a superb accompaniment to any meal
Bruschetta (pronounced “brusketta”) is an effortless crowd-pleaser. This simple yet flavourful recipe can be easily adjusted to accommodate any number of guests.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Furlani Garlic Loaf
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
3 medium ripe tomatoes, at room temperature
Half a small red onion
A handful of fresh basil leaves
You’ll also need:
Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Chop up tomatoes and onion then place in a bowl.
Pile basil leaves on top of one another and roll into a log. Thinly slice this basil into green confetti and loosely combine with tomatoes.
Add a nice drizzle of oil and a little salt to the bowl and gently toss to coat the tomatoes, onion, and basil. Set bowl aside.
Once the oven is heated:
1. Remove bread from bag and place open-faced on a baking sheet.
2. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
3. For a crispier texture, broil for an additional 15-30 seconds.
1. Remove bread from bag and place open-faced on the baking sheet.
2. If bread halves are frozen together, carefully insert fork between halves to separate.
3. Place baking sheet on middle rack and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Once baked, remove from oven, let cool and then cut bread into thick slices.
Gently spoon the Bruschetta mixture onto the slices. Or you can pour the Bruschetta into a serving bowl, arrange the garlic slices around it, place a spoon in the bowl, and allow your guests to serve themselves.
That’s it! … if you want to make more – just grab another loaf and repeat!
Another reason this recipe works well for entertaining is that you can put the topping together the night before – but save the basil for day-off freshness. Then all you need to do is pop the Furlani garlic bread in the oven, slice, and scoop on the day of.